I kept telling him last week that I would make Shrimp Tacos. But then I got sick, and then we got invited out for dinner, and then it just didn't happen. So these tacos became a mission. I made us wait long enough and I had to do them right.
Tacos are not hard to make. I repeat, they are super easy. They get fancy by how you prepare them and what you put into them. So when I made these tacos, I knew I just had to kick them up a notch. It's not the shrimp that makes them spectacular - it's the red cabbage and mango slaw. I swear, if you don't make this slaw along with your shrimp you are going to be missing out on something fierce!
Add some sour cream and guacamole and your mouth will be singing.
- 1 pound shrimp (fresh or frozen, but must be deveined)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 package McCormick's shrimp taco seasoning (not sponsored! but worth it!)
Red Cabbage + Mango Slaw
- One quarter shredded red cabbage
- One half of a cucumber sliced julienned
- 2 small carrots shredded (use a cheese grater!)
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
0. It's best if the slaw marinates for about an hour. If you have time make that first!
See steps 3 & 4
See steps 3 & 4
1. Make sure the shrimp is thawed, heat a skillet over medium high heat with the oil.
2. Combine the shrimp with the taco seasoning and put into the skillet. Flip and cook until pink. This will only take about 3-4 minutes - shrimp cooks fast!!
3. Let the shrimp cool and whisk together the dressing ingredients for the slaw.
4. Pour the dressing over the sliced cabbage, mango, cucumber, and carrots.
5. Heat the tortillas according to the package, combine everything together, add sour cream and guacamole, and eat until your hearts content.
Eat well! Be well! And stay tuned for upcoming recipes from my friends, family, and neighbors. Subscribe below by email :)