So here's the thing. It's been pretty silent over here. And that's because I have spent the last month traveling in Costa Rica and then coming back home only to be wrapped up in interviewing for a promotion. So while we are going to get this fantastic spaghetti, I have an announcement first.
But wait, I wanna show this before I tell you...
Here's one of my favorite shots from our trip.
Anywhoo...during an entire 4 weeks+ away from blogging, I found myself in a daily practice of photography and writing that was all my own. No agenda. No audience. Just me and my imagination. And what I found is that it's time for a change. Long story short, this is the last post for Karen's Place.
When I started this blog, I needed an outlet. I needed to practice photography. I needed to just do SOMETHING productive. And it has been the most amazing and fulfilling hobby. I have gained a newfound confidence in myself and a renewed commitment to my own dreams.
This blog is no longer just about practice and food. It's about spreading a message of joy and good meals, because they are inextricably linked. And so now it's time to introduce my new blog, www.foodieuprising.com
To empower the every day person to get in the kitchen and make some flippin' REAL food, to take care of themselves, and to no longer make any excuses. Reinventing what it means to be a foodie, and what it looks like to fuel your dreams. Last, I'm out to encourage folks to live fantastically normal lives, one healthy step at a time.
Starting next week, all my recipes, fitness tips, and wellness writings will be found at foodieuprising.com. There's going to be a whole lot more focus on lifestyle and a whole lot more writing. It feels like a big step forward. And I am really going to miss Karen's Place. Thank you, readers, for being a part of it. So for today, let's celebrate with one of my new favorite meals. A veggie packed pasta that is easy to make for dinner and pack for lunch throughout the week.
- Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 serrano peppers, minced
- 2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 4 small carrots, minced
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 zucchini, small, rough chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, rough chopped
- 15 oz marazano canned tomatoes
- 1 jar good marinara sauce
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, to taste
- Angel hair pasta
- Boil quart of water and cook angel hair pasta according to package.
- Heat oil, garlic, serrano in sauce pan over medium high heat
- Saute for about 1 minute and then add onion and carrots ... 5-6 minutes
- Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir!
- Add mushrooms, cook for another 3 minutes
- Add zucchini and squash. Saute for another 10 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes. Bring to boil and reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in marinara. Simmer for another 15 minutes until thick.
And there you go! One healthy, balanced meal. I love it! Stay tuned to foodieuprising.com for more awesome recipes like this one, fitness challenges, and wellness reflections! It has been such an amazing journey here at Karen's Place. Thank you, again, for being here. Here's to another climb! Be a part of the next hike. Bookmark and follow: foodieuprising.com
xx - karen