Sunday, October 18, 2015

Stella's Fluffy Raspberry Frosting

One year for my birthday, Ethan surprised me with a cake he had made on his own. It wasn't anything special. But then I looked at the frosting. It was the fluffiest frosting I have ever seen. I took a big bite, and was immediately hit in the mouth with a flavor and texture I had never had before. It tasted like raspberry, sweet air! 

I couldn't believe it, and totally fell in love. So of course, I peppered Ethan with a million questions about what I was eating. 

Ethan's great grandma, Stella, concocted this recipe a long, long time ago. Ethan told me it was one of his fond memories of her, making it together. So whenever we have a special occasion, or just trying to WOW our friends, we make this frosting. 

We recently made it for my parents we they came over for dinner, and my mom said that I just HAD to share it with you all. So here you are, my dears. Great Grandma Stella's fluffy raspberry frosting :)





INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup raspberries 
  • 7/8 cup sugar (we usually just do a little less than 1 cup)
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 

DIRECTIONS
  • Combine all the ingredients using a  mixer on high speed. Keep the mixer going until the egg white combines with the raspberries and the mixture becomes EXTREMELY fluffy! This will take between 5-10 minutes, depending on the strength of your electric mixer. It should triple in size. 
Can you believe it? It's that easy! And it is by FAR my favorite frosting of all time. Be aware, it'll probably make way more than you need. It keeps pretty well in the fridge for about a week. We haven't tried halving the recipe, but I don't recommend it. Just be ready to eat it with a spoon for one of your late night cravings :)


P.S.
See that follow by email right at the bottom of this page? Enter your email and hit enter! Then you're subscribed to Karen's Place, and you'll never miss an entry -- it'll come straight to your inbox ;)

xoxo,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

what did you like about this post? what would you add? did you try it? I want to know!