Sunday, September 27, 2015

IPA Slow Cooker Chicken

Like I've said a million times, Ethan and I moved recently. This one felt like a big one to us. I moved into our Seattle basement while he was still finishing up an internship in Utah. So this move to Sammamish was the first time we were moving our stuff together at the same time to the same place. It felt very grown up. I got rid of a lot of my stuff before the move to help balance out space usage. And I got really into it! I don't know why, but donating and throwing away the things that I just didn't use any more felt very freeing. 

So anyway, when we moved in to the Sammamish house in the sky, I felt like everything we had in the place was exactly what we needed. But then I noticed these 2 IPAs in our fridge that had gone unopened since May. Ethan had been drinking one during the move, but didn't finish it. So I asked him if he liked it. He did not. 

I hate IPAs. Literally. I am not a real PNWer for saying this, but I truly think the taste latches onto your taste buds and takes the taste of anything else you are ingesting away forever. Long story short, these two fridge space hogs had to go. And I needed a new slow cooker recipe. And boom! It hit me. Goodbye yucky IPA! Hello delicious, moist, new chicken recipe!




INGREDIENTS
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced 
  • 2 bottles or 24 ounces IPA beer
  • 1/2 cup sweet chili dipping sauce
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
  • Put all the ingredients into a slow cooker and set on low
  • Cook for 8-10 hours
  • Serve over rice or lettuce, add siracha or hot sauce for an extra kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what did you like about this post? what would you add? did you try it? I want to know!