Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies

This foodie road of mine began with one specific recipe. Today, I share it with you. Just in time for the holiday season. 




Enter the extra cinnamony, chocolate chippity, cookie. When I was in college, cookies were the only thing in the kitchen I felt really confident making. And growing up, if I was stressed out or sad my mom would make me some cookies to feel better. Looking back, it may have not been the best way to deal with tough times, but nonetheless, cookies are my always go to comfort food. SO, as may be able to deduce, I made a lot of cookies in college, especially for my friends.

One night, I decided to make my own recipe. And that is when I discovered I am in LOVE with cinnamon. Trust me everyone, double what the recipe tells you when it comes to cinnamon from now on. You'll be surprised at how much more flavor you'll start to notice....

Also, cinnamon is super good to have in your life. Check out these sources:
Authority Nutrition
Health.com




HA! I just convinced you that these cookies are good for you.... Reality check, there's still a butt ton of sugar and butter in these babies ...  because I love you.
Let's get on with the recipe, shall we?

INGREDIENTS
Dry
  • 2 cups flour (quinoa flour works great too!)
  • 3 heaping tsp cinnamon
  • dash of nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
Wet
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk (how to separate a yolk)
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1.5 cups chocolate chips (add in white chocolate chips for different texture and taste)

DIRECTIONS
  • Dump all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk with a fork to combine. 
  • In a large bowl or your Kitchen Aid, whisk together the butter and sugars. Stop when the mixture looks fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine. 
  • Then, slowly start adding your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. 
  • Once combined, grab a spatula and stir in the chocolate chips. 
  • Refrigerate your dough for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or slip mat. 
  • Now, the reason why these cookies are to die for is because of this next step. Put your cookie scoop down and grab a 1/4 cup measure. 
  • Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the dough out onto the baking sheet. 
  • Bake for 17-18 minutes. Cool completely before enjoying. Unless you like a gooey mess...then go for it. 

And there you go! That is my most secret, most favorite recipe. I hope you enjoy the cinnamon! Merry Holiday Season, everyone!

Follow by email! Enter your email below and never miss an update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

what did you like about this post? what would you add? did you try it? I want to know!