Sunday, August 30, 2015

Span"ish" Egg Bake

Oh, my dear friends. I miss you! So here's what has happened this summer:
  • I turned 25
  • I quit my job
  • Ethan and I participated in our 2nd triathlon together (my 3rd total)
  • I started a new job
  • We are moving back to the east side in two weeks
As you my surmise, the blogging has gone by the wayside a little. And boy have I missed it. Luckily, I have a lot of ideas stewing, a bigger kitchen to look forward to, and many more friends to introduce you to! Bare with me as I finish out some things this summer. My blogging may be a little sporadic until I find my new normal again.

Welcome to my Span"ISH" Egg Bake. An idea that has been baking in my mind for a few weeks, but I just haven't had time to test it out. It's part American casserole and part Mexican breakfast chilaquiles. AND ALL TOO DARN DELICIOUS. This the epitome of wholesome cooking in my book. Great flavors and nutritious ingredients combined into one mind blowing bite. ENJOY!




INGREDIENTS
  • 4 eggs, scrambled 
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 cup black beans
  • 1/2 cup salsa, chunky!
  • 3 large tortillas (corn or flour)
  • 1/2 cup cheese, grated
  • 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
  • Salt & Pepper, to taste
  • 1 clove garlic, minced 
  • 1 tsp chile powder
  • 2 tsp dried oregano 
DIRECTIONS
  • Sauté onion and peppers with spices and garlic 
  • Scramble the eggs and add a dash of oregano 
  • Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, lower the heat to medium low, and cook the eggs
  • Preheat your oven to 400 degrees 
  • Grab a pie dish and spray with cooking spray 
  • Once the eggs are done, your vegetables are chopped, start layering your ingredients
    • Tortilla
    • Onion / pepper 
    • Beans
    • Salsa
    • Eggs
    • Spinach
    • Cheese
    • Repeat 1 more time and top everything with the final tortilla and remaining cheese 
  • Serve with sour cream, hot sauce, extra salsa on a slow Sunday morning and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

what did you like about this post? what would you add? did you try it? I want to know!