When you start a blog, you read a lot of other blogs about how to write a blog. How to gain followers, when and how often you should post content, how to find your voice... etc... So when you start writing, you make a plan to push out your best content on a regular basis.
But sometimes, life throws a curveball at you. For the last two months, I have been looking for a new job, finding a new place to live, gaining a new job, and going through training. It's nuts! And for me, all of this change has put a real strain on my creativity and my ability to post regularly. Luckily, I'm seeing the light at the end of tunnel and I feel my energy coming back. Hooray!
But here's the conclusion I have come to, you and the rest of the world have the same days like me. You come home, you're tired, you can barely think, and it takes you everything NOT grab the car keys and eat out. On days like these, you CAN still make a wholesome meal at home with very little effort.
Enter the semi-homemade baked burrito:
- I had chicken already cooked, but you can use any left over meat *
- I always have beans, tortillas, and cheese on hand
- I also had a little left over southwestern salad dressing to top it off with something special
- 1 or 2 tortillas, depending on how much you stuff in it
- A handful of shredded cheese
- 3 spoonfuls whole black beans
- 1/4 cup diced chicken, cooked*
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons creamy salad dressing (optional) ... salsa would work well too!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Grab all your ingredients and pile them into the tortilla(s)
- Sometimes you have small tortillas so you may need to use two
- Here's how you can wrap a burrito like a pro
- Place your burrito on a baking pan and lightly sprinkle oil on top
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown and you can hear it bubbling
- Top with the salad dressing and enjoy!
- Serve with guacamole, a side salad, fruit, veggie, etc
So there you have it; a filling meal without too much effort! Enjoy!