Sunday, March 27, 2016

Kimchi Tofu Egg Fry


I've been running on one whirlwind after another. Between flying back and forth from the Southwest and fighting a weird flu-cold thing and THEN throwing a fantastic Sock Hop for the 100 families I work with, there hasn't been a whole lot of time for creativity on my plate. But, last weekend I had the house to myself and kimchi in the fridge. I knew I wanted to try something new. And I also knew I had to cook for only my self. It was time to take a chance. Get that fermented cabbage into a fry pan with some tofu and put some fried eggs on top. This recipe is surprising AND delicious. Get ready to treat your self. And yes, please say that in a tone that Donna would on Parks & Rec.



INGREDIENTS
  • 1/4 cup fried tofu
  • 1/4 cup kimchi
  • 1/2 tsp Chili powder
  • Dash of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon oil

DIRECTIONS
Slice a 1/2 inch slab of semi-firm tofu. Cut into cubes. Grab a medium-sized fry pan and heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Once hot enough, put the cubes of tofu into the pan, and let those babies fry! Season with chili powder and salt. 

Once the tofu starts to brown, get that kimchi into the pan. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes. You'll know everything is ready when the tofu is very firm and golden all over. Clear the pan.

Then put the other 1/2 tablespoon in the pan and heat over medium heat. Crack two eggs directly into the pan, and fry! Season with a dash of chili powder and salt. 

Layer the tofu and kimchi onto a plate and place the fried eggs on top. Serving with sriracha is recommended! 



Follow by email below!
Eat well! Be well!

xxoo,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

what did you like about this post? what would you add? did you try it? I want to know!